In Missouri “Abuse & Lose” is a special set of laws that applies to minors. It is important to hire a Missouri traffic attorney If you are under 21 years of age because a court can order suspension of driving license privileges for 90 days for a 1st offense and 1 year for a 2nd offense of the following types of offenses:
- Any alcohol related traffic offense;
- any offense involving the possession or use of alcohol while operating a motor vehicle;
- any offense involving the possession or use of drugs;
- any offense involving the alteration, modification or misrepresentation of a driver license;
- a second offense involving the possession or use of alcohol by someone under 18 years of age.
While the normal BAC for DWI in Missouri is .08, for minors it drops down to .02, so even a small amount of alcohol could cause a DWI, even without any intoxicated feelings.
If you are minor in Missouri facing a DWI or Lose and Abuse case, you should contact a DWI attorney to handle your case. The DWI experts at Traffic Law Stop in St. Louis, Missouri can help minors fight their DWI alcohol cases.